Our youngest new client in the past year was 13. Our oldest was 89. The cost of medical care and case management for one patient at AIDS Arms for a whole year is about $2800 (not including medications) – The cost of one ER visit by a HIV+ person not in outpatient medical care is about $12,000; $35,000 for an inpatient visit. 89% of our new clients who USED to access ER services before they joined case management at AIDS Arms no longer utilize expensive ER and inpatient services. A cost savings of about $6 million to Dallas tax payers EVERY YEAR.
- AIDS is now the #1 killer of ALL women ages 15-45 across the globe.
- AIDS is the #1 killer of Blacks in the US ages 25-44
- AIDS is the #2 killer of Hispanics in the US ages 25-44
- Dallas has the highest HIV infection rate in the state of Texas
- There are 1.5 million living cases of HIV in the US; 65,000 in Texas
- There are over 20,000 living with HIV in North Texas today
- There are over 6,500 HIV + individuals without access to care in the Dallas care.
- AIDS Arms served over 3,500 individuals impacted by HIV in 2010
- AIDS Arms educated and/or tested another 4,000 Dallas sites in 2010
- AIDS Arms has clients who have successfully managed the challenges of HIV/AIDS for 30 years
Respect Yourself – Get Informed, Get Tested, Get Involved!